Acquisition & Divestment Advice
At some point in the growth cycle of all successful businesses, they will consider a strategic partner, acquisition or divestment to focus the business and accelerate growth. Caldrex will assist you to navigate this complex process, including strategy development, qualifying targets, managing and overseeing due diligence processes, sourcing and structuring financing, and facilitating/managing transaction execution.
Commercial & Strategic Advice
We make it our business to know our clients, what makes your company unique in its industry and what drives your bottom lines. We invest our time and resources to understand your business and your goals. We will look at your business from a fresh perspective, assisting you to validate and reinforce your current strategy, as well as to identify opportunities that may have been overlooked. We will support you in areas such as:
- Development of corporate strategies for growth, acquisition, divestment and capital raising, development of transaction concepts and competitor analysis;
- Project commercial risk assessment and mitigation including negotiation of commercial and financial documents to meet (reflect) risk objectives;
- Transaction management including asset valuation, competitor analysis, competitive tendering, management of due diligence processes including scoping and management of due diligence consultants to an agreed time line and budget; capital raising, sale and purchase negotiation;
- Commercial feasibility assessment and benchmarking against bankability requirements;
- Assessment of contractor performance, and assistance in managing and resolving contract disputes in the context of financial covenants.
The Caldrex team has extensive experience across a range of projects that provides a strong basis for the analysis, negotiation and allocation of risk in PPP structures. In order to best serve our clients, we focus on understanding project documentation and developing close business relationships with our clients, allowing us to deliver the most appropriate outcome within the project framework. Our team becomes actively involved at a senior level in each transaction right from the onset, and we work closely with our clients to create the optimum value for them. We add value for our clients by:
- Drawing upon extensive first-hand experience in funding and operating PPP projects to assist clients to understand project and consortium dynamics, stakeholder issues and government and lender requirements. We then track these issues to ensure they are appropriately dealt with in commercial and finance documents;
- Managing bid processes including scoping and managing external due diligence consultants to ensure timely completion and compliance with bid and stakeholder requirements including lenders and equity;
- Identifying innovative financial, risk, opportunity management and commercial solutions that add value;
- Creating and managing competitive counterparty bidding tension;
- Offering direct and personal access to all senior team members with immediate senior level attention on all key transaction aspects; and
- Enhancing transaction risk/return profiles.
Project & Structured Finance Advice
The Caldrex team has extensive experience in advising clients in relation to project, structured and asset-based debt. Our team will assist you to identify the most appropriate source of financing to meet your needs, develop the optimal borrowing and risk allocation structure and create competitive tension around finance terms.